Monday, May 28, 2007

German games I: Spee!

During my first trip to the supermarket, called Extra, I realized that the products offered are pretty much the same, but the names have been changed to confuse the innocent. Most products can be identified by the shape or images on the package, but sometimes this is tough. For example, boxes or bottles of powder or thick blue liquid could be anything. Try the following matching game. For each product below, tell me if it is laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, or other:

Ariel
Persil
Calgon
Perwoll
Sagrotan
Sil rei
Sunil
Ludor
Spee
Somat
Lenor

Answers: I have no idea. See above. For each of them, tell me what it is. I really don't know. Except Calgon is not bubble bath soap, like in the US. And no matter what Spee is, I will not wash anything in it.

Scoring: You cannot win. For each incorrect answer, lose €2 and return to Extra. Do not pass Dart Palast or collect a pint of Beck's.

No comments: